Getting the BANd back together?
Friday, May 12, 2006
As I sit down to send out updates to friends and family about the birth of my second child, it occurs to me that much of my BAN family probably didn't even know I had one kid.
We've kept close through our individual friendships and planned the occasional event, but we probably could accomplish much more, more easily, online. I often think of submitting things I know to the R-MC alumni magazine, as just our little group has so much success within it: Teachers, lawyers, politicians, social workers, models, coaches, firefighters, business owners, home owners and people up in major companies like Circuit City and USA Today ... and those are only the people I've managed to stay in touch with. Not to mention one of our very own has dropped an album, with a two guest appearances from another BAN brother, that you all need to check out.
I always thought a Vegas trip to celebrate 10 years of BAN would be nice, but we're well into at least the 11th year with nothing like that in sight. If we're all busy being career men and Dads, that's cool, but it couldn't hurt to get the band back together, as they say.
So I again I reach out to the peoples. It's time to network, plan events, help each other invest and buy homes and raise kids and further careers, not to mention reminisce and shoot the breeze. I got some lost friends I haven't talked to in a while either ... what's the deal?
Keith
As I sit down to send out updates to friends and family about the birth of my second child, it occurs to me that much of my BAN family probably didn't even know I had one kid.
We've kept close through our individual friendships and planned the occasional event, but we probably could accomplish much more, more easily, online. I often think of submitting things I know to the R-MC alumni magazine, as just our little group has so much success within it: Teachers, lawyers, politicians, social workers, models, coaches, firefighters, business owners, home owners and people up in major companies like Circuit City and USA Today ... and those are only the people I've managed to stay in touch with. Not to mention one of our very own has dropped an album, with a two guest appearances from another BAN brother, that you all need to check out.
I always thought a Vegas trip to celebrate 10 years of BAN would be nice, but we're well into at least the 11th year with nothing like that in sight. If we're all busy being career men and Dads, that's cool, but it couldn't hurt to get the band back together, as they say.
So I again I reach out to the peoples. It's time to network, plan events, help each other invest and buy homes and raise kids and further careers, not to mention reminisce and shoot the breeze. I got some lost friends I haven't talked to in a while either ... what's the deal?
Keith

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home